We started OpenPhone three years ago to give tens of millions of businesses and professionals out there who use their personal phone numbers for work a better option. My dad is a small business owner so I saw this problem first-hand. Lack of privacy, lack of control over when to receive calls, lack of context and inability to share the load among your team was the inspiration for OpenPhone. Soon after starting the company we realized the same pain-points impact a much broader market than just SMBs. You’ve done recruiting or HR, so chances are you experienced some of these problems as well.
In a remote world where relationships are built and maintained over long distances, the tools you use for communication play a significant role in your quality of life and your bottom line.
So at the end of the day, our mission is to help businesses grow.
Fast forward to today, we are now a Series B company, growing faster than ever, with customers happier than anywhere else. In fact in this short period, we became the highest rated business phone on G2 on every category. You could say we are off to a great start.
About the role
Even though our small team got us far, for us to execute on our mission of helping businesses grow, first we need to grow ourselves. As a Head of Talent, you will play a central role in the success of OpenPhone both in the short and the long term. Your responsibilities will include the following.
- Design a consistent and fair hiring process
- Craft a delightful candidate experience
- Assemble and lead a world-class hiring function
- Build an attractive hiring brand
- Optimize for happy and long-term team members
- You love to come in early and be involved from the get go.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and be the IC recruiter as you’re building out your own team.
- You pay attention to details and hold yourself to a high bar.
- You are data-driven and able to iterate fast.
- You have built recruiting functions and managed people, ideally at a startup.
- You’re a great storyteller and communicator. You are able to get candidates excited about what we are building.
Why you would work here
- We’re a small team of 75. You’ll have a significant impact on the business and our growth trajectory.
- You’ll have the opportunity to build out the recruiting team, as well as work with great agencies and contractors where appropriate.
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team and you’ll be working closely with everyone in the company. You’ll be able to influence all areas of the business.
- Our customers love OpenPhone. In fact, we have a Slack channel dedicated to all the great feedback we receive.
- We offer very competitive salaries and benefits.
How to apply
You can apply here. We look forward to hearing from you 🙂
Some customer love
These are 4 screenshots out of thousands and thousands of similar types of feedback we receive from our customers. This is what gets us going.